Watercolour by Bronwen Roberts. Sandleford Farm was the home farm for the Sandleford Priory Estate, West Berkshire. The farm had been in continuous occupation for around 350 years until the mid-20th century. By the late 1800s the farm size was 341 acres, one third of the farmland was arable and about 140 acres were devoted to corn. The farmland subsequently rose to 500 acres and fell after 1931 to about 300 acres.
Period: 20th Century